The City of Scottsboro will hold its municipal election on Tuesday, August 23, 2022. Qualifying for the election will run from 8 a.m. Tuesday, June 14 through 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 28, 2022. Five positions will be on the ballot including places 3, 4 and 5 on the Scottsboro City Council (4 year terms) and places 2 and 3 on the Scottsboro Board of Education (6 year terms).
If you are interested in running for any of these positions, qualifying begins at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 and ends at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28, 2022. Anyone who would like to run for any of these positions will need to visit the City Clerk’s office at City Hall during the qualifying period, June 14 – June 28.
Municipal Election schedule of events:
• June 14 – 18: Qualifying Period
• July 26: Absentee voting begins
• August 18: Last day to APPLY for absentee ballot
• August 22: Last day to RETURN your hand-delivered absentee ballot by the close of business, 4:30 p.m.
• August 23: Election Day. Poll hours 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• August 30: Canvass the election, 12 p.m. Council chambers
Run-Off Important Dates:
• September 6: Absentee voting begins
• September 15: Last day to APPLY for absentee ballot
• September 19: Last day to return your hand-delivered absentee ballot by the close of business, 4:30 p.m.
• September 20: Last day to receive mailed absentee ballots. Must be postmarked by September 19 and received by noon
• September 20: Run-off election, poll hours 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• September 27: Canvass the run-off election Council chambers
Candidates who intend to run in the upcoming election may submit a short qualifying announcement/bio (approx. 150 words) along with a colored head shot photo for publication in The Clarion. The deadline for submissions is 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 30th. All submissions will be edited for volume at the discretion of the editor and will be run in the order received. Submit announcements to email@example.com. No announcements will be accepted after the deadline.